Movie buffs and car enthusiasts will enjoy the Hollywood Star Cars Museum in Gatlinburg. The Museum is located at 914 Parkway.
This collection has more than 40 famous vehicles. View General Lee on TV’s “Dukes of Hazzard” to the original TV Batmobile. There’s also the newer Batmobile used in the 1992 “Batman Returns” movie.
Here are just some of the TV and movie items that the museum proudly displays:
- Hummer H3T, used in The Avengers movie (2012).
- 1981 DeLorean Time Machine, used in Back To the Future (1985).
- “Herbie,” a vintage 1967 Volkswagen Beetle used in Disney’s “The Love Bug”.
- 1997 Cadillac D’Elegance, owned by Dolly Parton.
- 1967 Mustang Shelby GT500 from “Gone in 60 Seconds” (2000).
- Several speed racer cars used in The Fast and the Furious film series.
- Vintage station wagon patrol car from the Ghostbusters (1984).
- Wax figurines accompany some of the cars.
- The largest collection of James Bond movie props on display in the United States.
Every vehicle can be photographed as many times as you like. You are allowed to take photos while seated in some select cars. You will want to return each year to see what’s new.
The tour includes details on how the cars were made, how used, and who drove them.
You can view a movie about the career of auto maestro George Barris, who created many TV and movie cars – including the Munster coach and the 1966 Batmobile. Several of his creations are featured.
The tour takes approximately one hour to complete. The museum is located next to the Gatlinburg Convention Center, near traffic light #8.
Hollywood Star Cars Museum
914 Parkway Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Phone: (865) 430-2200
My Bearfoot Cabins is happy to host you at one of our genuine log cabins conveniently located to wherever you want to go. Enjoy the mountains while still being close to the action.
Pat and Don Kirchhoefer, Owners