(WEBSITE LINK IN BOLD PRINT)
Pigeon Forge is home to America’s first skydiving simulator since 1983, Flyaway Indoor Skydiving. This vertical wind tunnel was developed to train body control while skydiving. Now anyone can experience body flight – and it’s a fun experience.
Body flight at Flyaway involves ‘floating’ in a wind tunnel that keeps you suspended above the floor. It offers all the thrills and weightless excitement of regular skydiving, but is very safe, and certification isn’t required.
Flyaway runs an operation that has been awarded TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence by patrons. There’s an observation deck, where you can simply stop in at Flyaway and watch the activity to see if it’s something you want to experience.
So what do you need to know beforehand?
- You’ll take a short course first.
- Registration is first come, first serve.
- Each session lasts only a few minutes, so listen carefully to the instructor.
- Make all your movements very slowly until you get the hang of things.
- There’s no minimum age, but children must be at least 40 pounds and mature enough to follow instructions.
- There is a maximum weight limit depending on height and gender; you can look this up on the chart here.
- Wear socks and soft soled, lace-up shoes.
- You can always check it out for free from the center’s observation deck.
Flyaway Indoor Skydiving
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Now is the time to reserve a genuine log cabin experience with My Bearfoot Cabins. View the cabin of your choice on the website, then get in touch with Pat.
Pat and Don Kirchhoefer, owners