As you may be aware, Expedia purchased VRBO/Homeaway in the Fall of 2015. The newly formed Expedia/VRBO/Homeaway has implemented a Traveler Fee with their “book it now” feature for vacation rentals. This fee is 4% to 9% of the total rental cost with a cap at $399.
HOW THE TRAVELER SHAPES THE FUTURE
Consumer choice and new habits are slow, but ultimately shape the marketplace in vacation rentals. Listing sites like VRBO, Homeaway, and Airbnb give travelers an easy, efficient way to search for their vacation rental. Professional, high definition photos, an overview with amenities, and then just click and checkout. How convenient, but………
HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT NOW
How would you like to put more of your vacation budget in your pocketand not pay fees ? Well, many travelers have voiced a strong request for just that. This blog shows you six ways you can do just that. As you read these guidelines, think about how easy it can be to save money after you go to a listing site to find your perfect vacation rental.
PUT YOURSELF IN CHARGE BY FOLLOWING THESE SIMPLE STEPS
1. Contact the vacation rental owner where possible to book direct.
2. If the vacation rental owner’s contact info is omitted from the listing site, try searching the Internet with the vacation rental name to find a non-fee listing site or Facebook page. You can also do an image search on Google using one of the photos on the listing site. My Bearfoot Cabins has moved towards listing site independence by having a stand alone website with integrated reservation software. You can reserve securely through the website for all three of the cabins featured on the site.
3. If a listing site is using scare tactics to convince you to pay a fee, read the small print as to what any additional fees really will or won’t do for you.
4. Instead of a listing site fee that may not protect broadly against fraud, ask the vacation rental owner for identity/property ownership confirmation. All cabins on the My Bearfoot Cabinswebsite have been certified as authentic vacation rentals. State and county licenses are also available.
5. Consider trip insurance from a third-party; the coverage will likely be broader than what is “covered” by a listing site fee.
My Bearfoot Cabinsis doing as much as possible to provide you the latest technology in reserving your choice of three pristine Smoky Mountain log cabin vacation rentals, along with peace of mind of renting directly from the owner on a secure website.